Friday, March 20, 2009

Caminata Ecologica

I joined the 8 AM ecological walk for birders and others. I'm not sure whether I'm a birder or an "other", but I seemed like one of "them" so I suspect that I have moved into that sub-species.

The guide was very knowledgeable and the 75-minute walk was fun. I learned that the very noisy bird we hear every morning is the chachalaca, We also saw an apparently rare pygmy owl, parrots and a sleeping porcupine with its long tail wrapped around the limb of a tree.

By the time I returned to base camp the day was already getting hot. I climbed the vertical staircase from the 10th to the 17th floor and I was quite warm by the time I got to the top. My breakfast of fruit, nuts, yogurt, papaya juice and lots of coffee was a very welcome treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment